Subject:How Big Is Walmart?
JUST HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?
This Will boggle your mind!! And scare you as well!
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, keeping in mind they did this in only 15 years.
8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy. (are we surprised)
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.
11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store..(Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
13. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National Product (GNP) ...and that is only ONE port ...one way that Wal-Mart gets it's stuff..
14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level. (Interesting statistics eh, must be because they pay their employees so well)
15. Wal-Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth. (Wonder what merchandise they have in their friendly Bentonville Wallmart?)
16. The official U.S. Government position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no lower than anyone else's when compared to typical family's weekly purchases. That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the consumer price index (CPI).
17. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world countries. (Yes China is in charge here alright)
NOW THIS IS SCARY
18. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the companies. i.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these moneys, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", are paid out to executives as bonuses. (A common practice, unknown by the common man)
19. Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per year.
20. Let Wal Mart bail out Wall Street.
If not shop someplace else!!!!!!!!!!!!